Our democracy will be at its strongest when our representatives represent us, not the wealthy few. We must end Albany’s culture of complacency and backroom dealing, and replace the Old Boys’ Club with transparency and accountability.
A Truly Representative Government
- Fund New York State’s Small Donor Public Financing Program, which will incentivize candidates for state-level offices to accept more small-dollar, in-district donations, and diminish wealthy corporate donors’ influence on our public servants.
- Pass the Budget Equity Act, so that the State Senate and Assembly have an equal role to the governor in the state’s budget process—a rightful redistribution of power to the hands of the voters who elected their State Senators and Assemblymembers.
Make Voting Easy
- Allow voters to attain their own absentee ballot without question (No-Excuse Absentee Voting), which will make the process of voting more accessible—especially during an ongoing pandemic.
- Let voters register and vote in an election on the same day (Same-Day Voter Registration), giving people a greater opportunity to participate in all elections.
- Make election day a holiday.
Checks can be made out to "Sarahana for Assembly" and mailed to:
PO Box 118, Ulster Park, NY 12487